Soundowl DMCA policy
Soundowl is a place for artists, musicians and blogs to share their music. We make it very clear to our users that they are only to share music that they have created or have the rights to distribute. In the case of music blogs they are only to share music on Soundowl that has been provided to them by the record label or artist with the express intent making a free download available for promotional purposes.
We have partnered with Copyseeker to prevent users from uploading tracks that they do not have the rights to share. We have arranged for free Copyseeker accounts to be made available to any rightsholder who would like to prevent their music from being shared on our website. If you would like access to this please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The quickest way to have a track removed is to send an email to the address below, we aim to respond to all notices within 60 minutes. Please note that we strongly urge you not to send your notice via snail mail. Even international express mail will take several days to reach us.
If you have any questions about our policy or need any advice on how to remove your music feel free to email or call us using the details below.
If you believe that content available by means of the Website (as defined in our Terms of Service) infringes one or more of your copyrights, please notify us by providing a written notice (“Infringement Notice”) containing the information described below to the designated agent listed below. If Soundowl takes action in response to an Infringement Notice, it will make a good faith attempt to contact the party that made such content available by means of the most recent email address, if any, provided by such party to Soundowl.
Your Infringement Notice may be forwarded to the party that made the content available or to third parties such as ChillingEffects.org.
Please follow these steps to file a notice:
- Verify that the file in question is hosted by Soundowl.
- Send your complaint to our designated agent:
Phone: +61 2 6100-8619
Fax: +61 2 6147-0236
You must include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on their behalf;
- An identification of the copyright claimed to have been infringed;
- A description of the nature and exact location of the content that you claim to infringe your copyright, in sufficient detail to permit Soundowl to find and positively identify that content; for example we require a link to the specific audio file (not just the name of the track) that contains the content your complaint refers to;
- Your name, address, telephone number and email address; and
- A statement by you: (a) that you believe in good faith that the use of the content that you claim to infringe your copyright is not authorized by law, or by the copyright owner or such owner’s agent; (b) that all of the information contained in your Infringement Notice is accurate, and (c) under penalty of perjury, that you are either the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on their behalf.